Ayurveda is a traditional Indian system of medicine, which came into existence almost 5000 years ago. It offers a natural way of healing and curing various ailments and conditions. In Ayurveda, it is believed that the first step to achieving a good health is to maintain a balance between your mind and body.
Today, Ayurveda has been severely effective in curing the hair loss or baldness problem. According to this ancient system of medicine, healthy hair means a healthy body. Also, having thick and lustrous hair is everybody’s dream. Nobody likes thinning hair or baldness; thus, Ayurveda offers the perfect solution.
One of the most common reasons why we lose our hair is because of our lifestyle. This includes; consuming an unhealthy diet, using harsh products and equipment, not taking care of our hair, etc. So, how can Ayurveda help? In Ayurveda, it is believed that our bodies are mainly comprised of five elements, which combine to form three body types or doshas- Vata, Pitta, and Kapha.
We all have these three doshas within us, including a dominant dosha. The dominant dosha can be any one of these three doshas or a combination of two doshas. Ayurveda believes that most diseases are the result of an imbalance in one’s vata.
The thickness of the hair is because of Kapha, the texture is because of Pitta, and the rich color of your hair is because of Vata. To bring back the harmony in your doshas, you must follow herbal remedies, a correct diet plan, massage therapy, and yoga. A qualified Ayurvedic practitioner can provide the correct solution according to your needs. Below listed are a few Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss problem.
Application of herbal oils and other traditional oils is said to be extremely beneficial in getting rid of the hair loss problem. When the oil is massaged on the scalp, it stimulates the nervous system. This results in hair growth. According to Ayurveda, there are various oils that are apt for hair growth. They are; Coconut oil, castor oil, almond oil, sesame oil, Nigella seeds oil, licorice, Indian gooseberry oil, etc. The oils that help prevent hair loss are; Coconut oil, Lemon oil, licorice, long zedoary, sesame oil, Kalanjana, etc.
- Eating healthy is highly important to combat hair loss problem.
- One must consume vegetable protein-rich food.
- Bhringraj is excellent to beat hair loss.
- Applying soaked fenugreek paste can give you thick and healthy hair.
- Curry leaves are a source of Vitamin C. You can either use the fresh leaves in the food you cook or make a powder of the dried leaves. Apart from helping you with your hair, it can make your skin glowing.
- Consuming Aloe Vera juice is highly beneficial for hair loss.
- Sesame seeds are rich in calcium and can improve the texture of your hair.
- Consuming yogurt twice a day can speed up your hair growth.
- Drink green tea every day for lustrous hair.
- Make sure you consume adequate amounts of Vitamin C.
Replace your shampoo
For healthy hair, you can replace your shampoo with Shikakai, Henna or reetha. It will not only prevent hair loss, but also help you achieve beautiful hair.
Vajrasana, Shirsasana, Salambha sarvasgasana, bhujangasana, and anuloma viloma are a few yoga poses which promote hair growth.